- Woke up at 5:30, but dozed in and out until like, 7:15. GOLD.
- Got mega errands completed.
- It is G O R G E O U S out. I had no idea I liked low 70s and sunny so much (I always thought 70 was on the cold side, but after months of 'high of 30' 70 in my small coat was perfection).
- Fun baseball game to watch.
- Cooking to my 'boybands' Pandora station (hold your judgement!).
- An hour and a half phone call with Lisa? Hell yes. I miss seeing her regularly.
- Found out I'm on the short list for knowing a friend is pregnant before it's Facebook official <3 I am so excited and touched and then more excited and I've only cried twice in the last hour I've known. That's pretty good. She texted me while I was talking to Lisa, so I hung up that call and I saw that text and squealed!
- It's only 8:00; I still have plenty of time to do stuff <3
Seriously, who am I right now? I usually average 3 posts a year; I've got 3 in February! Rejoice?
A N Y W A Y -
Just here to post that it' pretty cool to know people who win Grammys.
Best Pop Duo/Performance went to Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World.
Or as I know them, Chad Vaccarino and Ian Axel (I think Ian should technically go first since I hear his voice on the track and I don't really hear Chad, but I know Chad significantly more). Like, I've been out to dinner with that dude; that dude is HILARIOUS at parties; that dude made up a middle name for a bit; that dude broke Amanda's heart; that dude won a Grammy.
Super deserved; they're both great guys with great voices.
The story starts with someone I don't actually 'know'; just someone I saw on YouTube covering a Say Anything song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQ8eyDdK-c *There's something about her I love. I don't know what, perse, but I love her cover of this, as well as her other videos that I had seen. She's just so musical!
Well, I haven't watched that video in a couple years, but it was in my head this morning, so I searched for it, enjoyed it still, and then saw she had A TON of videos on her channel, so I decided to look at them.
Two of my friends from NYU! (well, Chad and I are friends; Ian and I are acquaintances). When I became friends with Amanda sophomore year in math, she introduced me to her freshman year floor friends, including Chad. WHO I AM 99% POSITIVE LIVED WITH WILL! AND THAT IT WAS WILL WHO THREW THE RUG OUT OF THE WINDOW!
And now they're singing together. Not just Chad singing on what used to be Ian's track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27R_goWiAAU (I know that I've hung out with a few of the people, especially the shorter guy in the light green shirt, but his name escapes me right now).
The two of them, striking out together as a group. A group who apparently have their songs covered on that show Glee (don't think I'll watch still, but...!!) And the theme song to various other shows.
This is INSANE. Congrats, Chad and Ian! Wish I still had the voicemail of Chad singing happy birthday to me. That would be a delight to hear.
My only regret is that I didn't put Empire Records on for a second time last night.
Oh well; that's what today can be for : )
Seriously, I love that movie. I think Mark is my favorite character. I don't know, though; they're all fantastic. So is the music. A couple plot points I realize are outta nowhere/unresolved, but ... ugh. So good.
Amazing how fast grass can turn green, and just how amazing trees look with buds on them. I've never really thought of myself as a 'spring' person (I AM a summer person), but ... this is good. We had sleet falling 2 days ago, and that killed my crocus friends and brand-new daffodils, but ... here's hoping that was the end of the truly nasty, disgusting weather.
I start pottery class on Thursday. I am really, really nervous. What if I suck!?!? It's pretty expensive as a whole, but not if you divide it up between the 10 classes long it's supposed to be. BUTTTT if I suck early on, do you think they can pro-rate my refund? Or